Saturday. Love this day. Love Saturdays in December when the tree is decorated. Love Saturdays in December when the tree is decorated and I have flowers in my house. I do not need to rush anywhere this morning. Love not rushing out the door. Not that I rush very often but, what I really love is NOT having an obligatory place to be at prescribed time. This is my motivation. This is the best feeling ever. Tonight I have obligations but, this morning I do not. I can sit in the quiet or I can listen to some Tallis Scholars. I can take some time to reflect on the past year and make some plans for 2015. At the very least allow the thoughts to percolate in the brain.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
- I am alive.
- My family is healthy.
- My family is intact; we are together.
- I still have long hair.
- I still wear boots in the winter.
- I love to sit in the light of the Christmas tree.
- I still love americano mistos.
- I listen to instructional and motivational CD's in my car.
- I also listen to classic rock 101.1.
- I found 2014 to be a challenging year.
- I have two 19 year olds.
- I still drive the subaru.
- I have gone into business for myself.
- I am feeling a bit displaced.
- My favourite pen has been discontinued - the Pilot fineliner.
- I own one pair of wool socks.
- I have two sisters.
- We still have Echo the husky.
- I cover my grey hair.
- I am contemplating not covering it.
- My parents are both still alive.
- We are seriously considering selling our house.
- I have not been writing much.
- I am only using my iphone to take photos.
- I really believe I am at a crossroads.
- I need to lose 25 lbs. REALLY.
- I still love the Mountain Goats.
- I have not been to a concert since April.
- I still love Neutral Milk Hotel.
- I would love another pair of boots.
- I am an almost vegetarian.
- I love scarves.
- I long for another trip to Hawaii.
- My favourite sweet treat is a good piece of chocolate.
- I avoid wheat and I feel better.
- I miss my friend Victoria so much it hurts.
- I enjoy a good, cold, dark ale.
- I support the local wine industry.
- I wear tights in the winter.
- I do not wear socks in the summer.
- I long for the time freedom of being successfully self-employed.
- I sit on the board of the Langley Rams Jr. Football Club
- I am patient.
- I enjoy a good story.
- I have no tattoos.
- My nose is pierced.
- I love silence.
- I am not afraid to step to edge.
- I am grateful for all that I have received.
- I am 50 years old today.
Monday, November 03, 2014
Time change. New month. New goals. We are staring down the barrel to the end of the year. I want to finish the year strong. To that end I am stepping up - I am working on my production rather than my productivity.
The Nativity Fast begins in 13 days.
Our friends out east have received their first snowfall.
I am pretty much relegated to boots now. Boots and wool socks and boots and tights. Scarves. My favourite toque is missing. My second favourite toque is with my daughter in the city.
I am working on our Christmas cards.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Mid week. Well technically - not quite because the day has just started. Last night I had three meetings happening at one time. I could only manage one. It is a very busy end of the month. So much going on and once the calendar turns to November the days will only get shorter and more busy. That is my challenge. How to make every day count?
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
2nd annual zombie walk happened this month. The weather cooperated. The leaf guy above was definitely the best zombie in the walk. Stayed in character the entire time.
It is so dark outside at 7am. This is when I notice the lack of light. Thankfully it is not raining. But, I know those days are coming. I am storing up supplies. We have bought new twinkle lights for the kitchen window. We plug those in and use that as a light source during the dark mornings. Much better than the bright overhead lights. Tea and hot chocolate has been purchased. We need to do a candle run. Gas fireplaces have been tended. I think we are as ready as we will ever be.